Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

It's a beautiful sunny day here at The Lake House.  The snowball hedge is a white wall of lovely blossoms, the roses ready to bloom and the air filled with the fragrance of the lilacs as they fade. Our week-end would begin with a visit to the nursery, our tradition to pick out hanging baskets, flowering planters or roses for your gift.  Then dinner on the patio of our beautiful gardens.  It should be easier this year but somehow it isn't.  I guess I just don't know how to do Mother's Day without a mother. I don't know how to get past the the hole in my heart, that place that belongs to you, my mom, that place that no one else can fill.  And yes, our traditions of celebration that will never be the same. And so today, I'll let my mind flood with memories of you mom and all you mean to me.  The tears will flow, joy and sorrow living together and I will celebrate, with a grateful heart, my sweet mother---
  

No comments:

Post a Comment