Sunday, April 14, 2013

Remembering Clarence

My thoughts return to years gone by as I've connected with so many lovely pieces of my family history.
The beautiful little leather Birthday Book more than 100 years old with all the special events of my family recorded in the handwriting of my Great-Aunt Mary.  Black & white photos of my ever so young looking mom & dad,  dad often in his Air Force uniform.  A celery green cut-glass herring boat we used at Christmas, the Bible my Grandma & Grandpa Gerry received from friends at the Cashmere Baptist Church when they left Cashmere after their apple orchard burned. Photos of my beautiful Grandma Ruth.  And so much more.  Such Vintage Jewels that took me to an unexpected place as I began to re-discover, memories, vintage memories of family and friends so much a precious part of my life and history.  Laura and her family have been in my life for 55 years.  We lived in Poulsbo and our time together is a journey from childhood to present.    Times of sharing joy and sorrow, the best times and the most difficult of times.  Clarence was Laura's father.  It was always June & Clarence.  June, with her big smile and huge laugh, Clarence, a handsome Norwegian/Fin fisherman in Alaska.    I remember the day the call came  from Laura like it was yesterday.  June was gone in a twinkling of an eye.  "Absent in the body, present with the Lord."  That same day Clarence began his lonely journey without his June who he had walked with for almost 63 years.  But God's plan was already in place for Clarence as he peacefully passed from life unto death on that Sunday evening in March.  "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."   Celebrating the life of the father of my forever friend, Laura.  Amen---

No comments:

Post a Comment