Tuesday, May 22, 2012

In my past--

Lately I've been spending much of my time sorting through family treasures that have been stored over the years in a number of different place at my home in the country.  Oh, the most wonderful things I've found that I'd forgotten I even had.  Today I uncovered  the EMERSON BIRTHDAY BOOK, a sweet little leather-bound book given to my Great Aunt Mary in 1906.  It's a record of all the birthdays of so many of those important in Great Aunt Mary's life, and much to my surprise even included my own birthday, Feb 13, 1950 so many years after she had received the little book.  I recognize her handwriting and can still recall a picture of her in her home sitting at her writing desk.  Maybe recording another special ones birthday or preparing that card to drop in the mail to them.

1 comment:

  1. I love family treasures...especially pictures in the color tones of faded brown or black.

    Glad you are having fun uncovering family treasures.

    ReplyDelete